Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Valentine for Your Spouse

Sometimes we get trapped in the ideas the media offers about love, romance and marriage. Love is more than just a feeling, it is a decision to put the other person above ourselves. Romance is NOT an emotion, but how we nurture the relationship we have with our spouse. What about marriage? Marriage is so much more than a beautiful wedding.  What do we need to have a happy marriage? Money? Buy expensive presents to make our spouses happy as commercials on TV want us to believe? I don't think so. That's just another trap. We need to DECIDE to love our spouses even when we don't like their actions much. We need to nurture the bond we started building on the day we said I do using small gestures that will reassure our spouses of our love for them.
So here is a simple idea to romance your marriage beginning on this Valentine's Day. I hope you enjoy it, and come up with some ideas of your own. It is a coupon book, one of the gifts I gave my husband that he liked the most.



You will need plain white paper, a computer, a printer, red cardstock paper, a stapler, red and white twine, eyelets and eyelet settler, and lots of good ideas to make your coupon book personal. Below you will see some coupons I made, but they are just ideas. You can use them, but remember to come up with some of your own because no one knows your spouse better than you.


 REMEMBER! THE CHILDREN WON'T BE ALLOWED ON ANY OF THE EVENTS. THIS IS BETWEEN YOU AND YOUR SPOUSE!
The red carsdtock is for the book cover.

Punch small holes on the covers, staple them and the coupons.


Settle the eyelets.

I used a glitter pen to decorate the printed hearts, but gemstones or stickers can be used too.

Hide the staple and the eyelets with a cute bow made out of twine.
These coupons can be used throughout the year because they don't have an expiration date. I hope they will inspire you to keep the romance in your marriage.

Vanias Reed       

2 comments:

  1. Well I have decided that this one is the one I am going to make for my hubby. It gives him and I a chance to have many different Valentine's Day throughout the year!! Good job Vanias. Thank you once more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most certainly welcome. I'm so happy you decide to make this one. And, who knows, win the one with the two birds? (that's your favorite, right?)

      Delete