Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Cute Christmas Card

Hi, what do you do when you feel you are out of inspiration? Your creativity is pretty much 'stuck'?  Have you ever felt like that? I have. Many times. First time I felt like that, I thought I wouldn't ever be able to create anything again. But then I realized that there is so much around me that can inspire my creativity. A good walk in a nature preserve helps a lot, but when I stop and 'smell the coffee' - as my husband tells me to (smile), I notice God's awesome creativity in everything: a child's laugh, an elderly lady, flowers, even coffee itself. There is so much color and beauty out there. Sometimes I find my inspiration just by going through things that I have at home. You would be amazed by the number of items we collect and forget about. Another way that helps me to get 'unstuck' is to take a look at other people's ideas. There are so many ladies who are very creative, and willing to share their ideas on the internet. The idea for the card I'm posting today came from one of the moments when I got 'unstuck' by watching a video about embossing diffusers, and finding a sheet of cute stickers that I have had for the longest time, and completely forgot about it.
Supplies used
Paper: Light blue and white cardstock
Tools: Cutting/ embossing machine, snowflakes embossing folder (the Paper Studios), oval embossing diffuser (Tim Holtz), oval frame embossing folder (Sizzix Textured Impressions), computer, printer, banner die.
Embellishments: clear gemstones, black tiny pearls, Christmas stickers, banner with printed sentiment

It is raining hard right now, which made me have an idea for a "Get Well" card for someone "under the weather". As you can see, you can get inspiration from pretty much anything, anywhere, or anyone.

Thank you for stopping by. God bless you, 
VanĂ­as Reed   

No comments:

Post a Comment