Friday, April 5, 2013

Vintage Mother's Day

Beginning today, I'm going to post some Mother's Day cards and gift ideas. Here is the first card. I hope you make one too, or more of course. :)

 Paper: brown, cardboard looking, vanilla, and black and white vintage cardstock paper.
Tools: Die cutting machine, scissors,  permanent adhesive, computer and printer.
Stamps: roses for inside the card
Stamp ink: brown
Embellishments: lace, vanilla fancy ribbon, brown and white pearls and a decorative button.
 

Use scissors or a craft knife (scissors work better) to distress the 4 sides of the vanilla paper as shown.

Use stamp ink or distress ink and a sponge to make the card insert look 'old'.
I printed the phrase 'Happy Mother's Day' , carefully cut around the letters, and pasted it on my card because I didn't find any stamp that I really liked.

Soon we will start our contest, and you can win a Mother's Day card. Meanwhile enjoy creating your own cards.
Vanias Reed    

No comments:

Post a Comment