Friday, December 11, 2015

Ornament Christmas Cards + 2 New Tips


In my last post I mentioned what my amazing husband got me for Christmas/wedding anniversary. Today I'm posting a project I made using my Cricut. It was interesting because my sister came over to see my machine. In order to show her how it works I decided to cut something simple like a Christmas ornament. Then she said, "oh no, I don't want you to waste paper just to show me how the machine works."  I just smiled and told her not to worry. So here are the two cards I made using both the diecuts and the paper from which I cut them.

For the first card I used 
Tools: Cricut Explore Air, scoring board, stylus scoring tool (for the dots imitating a chain holding the ornaments), Sizzix embossing machine, swirl snowflakes embossing folder (Darice),
Paper: White, brown, and the same mint green cardstock
Stamp: merry Christmas
Ink: black
Embellishments: ornament diecuts, red ribbon, pearls and clear gemstones in different sizes. 



For this card I used:
Tools: Cricut Explore Air, Cricut Design Space, 3D glue dots
Paper: Brown and mint green cardstock, brown patterned scrapbook paper
Stamp: Christmas Blessings (Stampabilitties)
Ink: Espresso brown
Embellishments: red 1/8"wide ribbon  

You can use an ornament punch instead of a cutting machine. In this link, a lady teaches how to make a card similar to my second one, using a punch.  
When it comes to save and recycle, I get excited. This time, instead of throwing away the piece of paper from which I cut the ornaments, I decided to use it on another card.How about you? How do you recycle while creating and crafting?

Thank you so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful CHRISTmas!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment