Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Gifts or gift cards? (Part 1)

Have you ever gotten a gift that makes you think, "Why in the world would someone give me THAT?" (smile). I have. What do you do in those cases? Exchange it, re-give it to somebody who will really use it, sell it on Ebay? (LOL) I have to confess that while those thoughts did come to mind, I realized that I'd rather get a $5.00 gift card to one of my favorite craft stores, than something expensive (or not) that I have no use for. (as impersonal as some people might think gift cards are) That's why I think it is so important to find out one's likes and dislikes before giving them something. It is also important to me to look hard until I find a present that will make the other person smile that smile that tells me, "Right on target". Do I accomplish that 100% of the time? NO, but about 98%, which makes it worth the work. When I go to a store to buy a present, I look for something that reminds me of the person I'm giving it to, and, if I cannot find anything that special, I'd rather give a gift card. At least they will buy something they will enjoy, don't you think? But just a gift card won't do, you have to make it special. So you make a beautiful, unique gift card holder. It is with that in mind that I made some gift card holders, and will be posting them here. So here is the first idea.

As much as I'd love to take credit for the idea for card holder itself, I can't because I founded it here.

Supplies Used
Paper: white and brown cardstock, yellow with polka-dots scrapbook paper
Tools: Cutting/embossing machine, scorer board, scallop board punch
Embellishments: yellow 1/8 ribbon, vintage rose sticker, small brown pearls, sentiment phrase


 Thank you for stopping by. Enjoy gift giving. 
God bless you,
VanĂ­as Reed  

No comments:

Post a Comment