Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gifts or gift cards? (Last part)

Hi. To finish my series of posts on gift cards, I'd like to say that there are other reasons why to give them instead of gifts. Distance is one of them. A couple getting married and moving away, a high-school graduate going to a distant college, and serving in the army are just some examples of that. So here is another idea for a gift card holder.

Supplies Used
Paper: Light purple cardstock, polka-dots scrapbook paper
Tools: Embossing/ cutting machine, score board, extra-large and large oval dies (for handle), large scallop circle die.
Stamp: To, from
Embellishments: lavender pearl













Please remember that you can transform your handmade greeting cards into gift card holders too. Just use your imagination, and the technique in the video I posted the link to on my first post entitled 'gift or gift cards? (part 1)
Remember you can always make a greeting card/gift card holder in one, like I transformed the card I posted on Thursday, July 11, 2013 into a gift card holder (see picture below) to give to a bride who is going to live in another state after married.



In this case I just created a pocket inside the card, and crocheted a board using the same stitch used in the dress.
Thank you for checking out my ideas. I hope they are useful to you.
God bless you, and happy crafting, 
VanĂ­as Reed 

No comments:

Post a Comment