Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Card With Velum Flowers

My mother is turning 90 next month, and I wanted to make a very special card for her. So when I saw this technique that is used to make flowers out of velum paper,  I knew this was what I wanted to use on her card. Here it is. 
The word 'Feliz' means happy in Portuguese
Supplies needed for this card
Paper: Pink, leaf green and white cardstock, clear velum paper
Tools: cutting/ embossing machine, lace border embossing folder, precision scissors, embossing heat tool, embossing powder (I used white and peach), fine point gel pens (pink and leaf green), round corner punch, 3D very small foam mounting circles
Stamp: flowers (I used the rose with a bud)
Ink: Embossing tinted stamp pad, yellow stamp marker)
Embellishment: Leaf green ribbon and bow with white 'sewing' lines, small black glittered letters, numbers and flowers, tiny pearls,

To make the velum flowers, stamp your flowers on velum paper using embossing tinted (mine is a very light pink) ink. Sprinkle with embossing powder covering the flowers completely (I used white powder for my pink rose, and peach powder for my yellow rose). Turn the velum paper up side down over your powder saver, or a white sheet of paper, to get rid of the excess powder. Using an embossing heat tool, dry the powder very well.
Using a fine point gel pen, color your flower gently making sure you don't color the embossing powder. If you want, you can use only the stamp marker. I like to use the gel pen first for a sparkling effect. Cut the flowers carefully with a precision pair of scissors. Use the foam mounting circles to adhere the flower to your card. A white background will accent the velum better.
 
There you have it. Beautiful velum flowers that can also be used on a card for Mother's Day.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a blessed crafting time.
Vanias Reed   





















No comments:

Post a Comment