Monday, July 22, 2013

Little Red Dress

I have been working on crochet orders and haven't had much time to make cards. Yet today I decided to relax a bit - making cards relaxes me - and do something new. So here is a card that can be used for several different occasions. Enjoy.


Card 'recipe'
First I cut a scalloped circle out of a glittered cardstock paper.
Then I turned the circle, measured, marked and cut like the picture below.
Next I punched a heart from one of the two pieces that I cut out of the circle.






 And trimmed the sides as shown to make the top of the dress. Glue the end to the back of the skirt.
 
The other piece left from the circle was used to make the layers on the skirt. Then I used a black ribbon around the waist.
Now all I had to do was to create the card using my red little dress. Here is another picture of the card.
Supplies
Paper: Solid red glitter, white, black, red (Paper Studios)
Tools: Cutting/embossing machine (Sizzix), embossing plate (Twirls by Paper Studios), heart puncher (Recollections), 4" Scalloped Circle die, 1 3/4" oval die (Spellbinders)
Stamp: For Someone 'Special' 
Ink: Black fine point marker for stamps (Recollections)
Embellishments: Transparent black ribbon, glittered asterisks

You can make a 'little black dress', a wedding gown... the possibilities are endless. 

Thank you for stopping by. May God bless you and yours.
Vanias Reed      

No comments:

Post a Comment