Wednesday, November 5, 2014

'Grandma's House' Christmas Card

My son has been practicing the songs for both Christmas programs at church and the school he attends on Fridays - an umbrella for homeschool. In order to know well the songs he will sing, we listen to the CDs in our car wherever we go (I love listening to Christmas songs anyway). Yesterday, as we were listening to, and trying to sing along "Over the river and through the woods, to grandmother's house we go..." I thought of my husband's grandma and how much I miss her. Both my grandmothers passed when I was a child, so this very special lady became my grandma too. Christmas is so beautiful up there where she lives, actually, I don't think there is anything more beautiful than a White Christmas. It was inspired by Christmas at Grandma's that I made this card for a friend. 
Supplies needed for this card
Paper: Dark green, off white and red cardstock paper, hollies paper
Tools: Cutting/embossing machine (I used my Sizzix), decorated edge oval die, (Nestabillities), 1/8"circle punch (to make the corners on the label), permanent adhesive, colored pencils, winter wonderland glitter.
Stamp: Merry Christmas (Stampabilities), White Christmas,
Embellishments: red ribbon, snowflake button. 

Cherish the moments you have with people you love, make sure to tell them you love them, or write it down in card that you made. 

Thank you so much for checking my blog out. Check my etsy store too. 
God bless you and all the people in your life.
 Vanias Reed  

No comments:

Post a Comment